Heavy Periods? Know What You Should Do
Many women suffer from heavy flow and cramps during menses, which is known as Menorrhagia. Due to Menorrhagia u need to change the pads frequently and at times there is passage of clots.
Cause of heavy menses can be:
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Fibroids( Benign Tumour of Uterus).
- Swelling in d uterus( Adenomyosis).
- AUB (Abnormal Uterine Bleeding).
- At times could be because of cancer of the uterus ,ovary or cervix.
- & so on……
Treatment options for heavy bleeding are:
- Medical management.
- Surgical management
- Mirena insertion (type of hormonal copper t)
- Hysteroscopic d & c.
- Removal of uterus ( by laparoscopy, scarless surgery).
So consult your Gynaecologist if you experience heavy or abnormal bleeding during menses.