According to definitions, obstetrics is a medical specialty that deals with issues related to childbirth that affect women’s health. This covers both prenatal and postpartum treatment. Among the obstetric services are:
- Monitoring the mother’s health and the growth of the fetus throughout pregnancy with frequent examinations, measurements, ultrasounds, and other diagnostics.
- Checking for health issues including diabetes, high blood pressure, genetic diseases, or infections that increase the risk of becoming pregnant, whether they are already present or have just manifested.
- Give advice on diet, exercise, supplements, drugs, and other topics.
- Assist in easing uncomfortable pregnancy-related side effects like back pain and morning sickness.
- Patients should be informed about what to expect at each stage of pregnancy and during childbirth.
- When the baby is delivered, the mother and child both need prompt aftercare.
- Keeping an eye on the mother’s health as she heals from childbirth.
Genecology is a branch of medicine that focuses on all facets of female health, particularly as it relates to the reproductive system in non-pregnant women. Services offered in genetics include:
- Routine diagnostic testing, including breast and pelvic exams.
- A straightforward examination called a Pap smear, performed once every three to five years to look for malignant or precancerous cells.
- Diagnosis and therapy for painful periods, or dysmenorrhea, and other menstrual disorders.
- Counselling on contraception, prescriptions for birth control, and sterilisation.
- Preventing and educating against STIs (sexually transmitted infections).
- Menopause and perimenopause guidance, as well as symptom relief medicine.
- Numerous female health issues, including uterine fibroids, persistent pelvic pain, sexual dysfunction, and others, are diagnosed and treated.
- Surgical operations such hysterectomies, female sterilisation, and fibroid removal.
Contact gynecologist in Indore Dr. Sheela Chhabra.